Saturday, 26 September 2015

Challenge 3....C = Creepy Autumn Pencil Case Craft Colouring challenge sponsored by Star Stampz

Welcome back to our 3rd challenge here at the Pencil Case - wow time is flying by here!! 

The aim of our blog is to tell you all about our passion for our favourite Pencils!....
The Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour oil based range of pencils have been around for many years and are tried and tested Artist's Quality LIGHTFAST pencils which you will love! They have always been quite difficult to get hold of here in the UK but Premium Art Brands are now the UK Distributor for this great range - and we're here to show you how lovely they are! If you are a UK retailer you NEED to stock these in store - please see how at the top of this page!...78  gorgeous, BRIGHT, Vivid, LIGHTFAST, UV resistant, creamy, buttery, oil based pencils which give you amazing results. If you want to see more come over and join us on Facebook too...
This week we are very thrilled to have the lovely Star Stampz as our Digital Sponsor, make sure you check out their fabulous store for some great images!

So our challenge for you this week is

C= Creepy/Autumn Colours

Perfect for all your Halloween and Autumn Colour makes!

So you can enter the challenge with ANY project you like as long as you coloured it with a medium
(pencils, markers, inks, paints, whatever you like) - our only other rule is that you can only enter twice!
CLOSING DATE: SAT 10 OCT AT NOON GMT - WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE FOLLOWING POST
Prize 1: You can some great digis for the Sponsor's digi store, who are our sponsors for this week - we will choose a winner via Random.org
Prize 2: We also have a set of 12 Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour pencils to give away - to win this you need to be in the UK so please add UK next to your name in your entry - if you're in the UK and don't add it after your name we won't count you in the draw and you could miss out. Again we will choose a winner via Random.org

So let's get to the Design Team's gorgeous makes for this challenge!...
Scatty Jan I adored colouring my image this week - This one is called Autumn Fall reading and you can find her in the store here . I love using the Autumn colours in the pencils apart from the skin colours I used pencils from the 24 set.....
Colours I have used:
Skin Light skin/Dark Skin/Indian Red/Purple
Hair Dark Sepia/Van Dyck Brown/Gold Ochre
Light Blue/True Blue
Venitan Red /Pompeian Red
Sap Green/Apple Green
Light Orange/Dark Orange

Cara - For my image I went for alternate autumn colours, I was thinking frosty mornings ect, 
as the image has some quite large areas for the background I used some Sansador and a paper stump to blend.  I also made use of my White Graph'it shake marker to add details and my Gold glitter Shake pen to go around the border.  I also went over all of the details with a black fine liner to define the image more as sometimes I go over the lines and they get all faded.


Pencils used:
Sky/Background: Black, White, light grey, Blue Violet, Prussian blue, Light Blue
Skin: Venetian Red, Burnt Ochre, White
Dresses: Blue Violet, Dark Grey, Black, Light Blue, White


YvonneI got to play with this fabulous image called 'Autumn Fall Girl Reading' which you can get hereI loved this image and it was so easy to colour, I made a 7x7 card.  
I coloured the image with the following pencils:
Skin: 32, 89, 92
Hair: 82, 80, 76
Tree: 87, 76, 75
Coat & pumpkins: 08, 13, 15
Boots & Scarf: 39, 38 & 36
Grass and bushes & leaves: 68, 70, 71, 82

Nikky....I went for Creepy Autumn colours for this challenge, I adore this image from our sponsor, it was perfect for this challenge. 
I really wanted to get a nice glow from the fairy wand so I left that area right to the end to make sure I could really get some great blending. I really didnt use that many colours on this image and just laid down lots and lots of layers to build up the colour...I don't know what paper I'd printed this on but it was pretty awful & didn't give a lot of tooth so I need to get rid so I don't end up with more LOL!....
Colours I used: Skin Fairy: 31 Medium Flesh, 82 Brown Ochre, 76 VD brown, 27 Lt Carmine cheeks
Hair: 37 Blue violeet, 36 Dark violet, 41 delft Blue
Dress: 67 Veridian   Wand glow: 83 Gold Ochre, 21 P Geranium Lake
Witch: Hat/dress/shoes: 39 Lt Violet, 37 Blue Violet - + 33 Wine Red on Dress, Cloak Black
Witches face - skin as per Fairy with a layer of 68 Moss Green over the top
Background colours: sky - 15 Dark Orange, Black, 24 Rose Carmine...landscape: Black + violets, Foreground: 67 Veridian + 83 Gold ochre

Susan - I just love this image that I have used .It is Autumn Fall from Star Stamps Lots more details on my blog


Pencils used = Skin 03 -32 -87
Hair 80 -87 -75
Coat ,Tights Pumpkins 87 -89 -87
Boots 87
Tree 80 -75 -76
Pencils used:
Sky/Background: Black, White, light grey, Blue Violet, Prussian blue, Light Blue
Skin: Venetian Red, Burnt Ochre, White
Dresses: Blue Violet, Dark Grey, Black, Light Blue, White

Wow, beautiful colours and amazing makes!

The Design Team have certainly had some fun using their Lyra Rembrandt Polycolours!! 

We really hope you'll join in the challenge with us and come back regularly to join in the fun - we will be here every 2 weeks so we can't wait to see what you enter - just use Thumblinky below!

The winner of our Week 2 challenge will be announced on the next post on 10th October....
Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

3 comments:

  1. Such stunning DT creations, those pencils look amazing!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful DT cards and yes those pencils are a joy to use!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, just realised I forgot to add UK after my name ( entry number 18) and couldn't find a way to amend it - sorry!!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete